JOHN S. MAY
1900 Harrison Blvd, Boise, ID 83702 • (208) 859-4828 • email@example.com
Over 25 years operational and management experience in the hotel, hospitality and tourism industry. Offering extensive knowledge in food and beverage operations, forecasting, budget analysis, menu development, marketing, and promotion. Excellent board management and organizational skills.
GENERAL MANAGER, OWYHEE PLAZA HOTEL, BOISE, ID 1992 – PRESENT
Manage 100 employees and oversee all operations in 100 room hotel. Hotel includes two restaurants; one fine dining and one full service restaurant; lounge, catering and banquet facilities; and 50,000 square feet of lease space. Responsible for staff and employee administration, human resources, food and beverage costs, menu development, forecasting, budgeting and marketing.
ASSISTANT MANAGER, ARID CLUB, BOISE, ID 1991-1992
Assisted management in operation of exclusive membership club. Responsible for full service dining and beverage facility including food and beverage costs, wine purchasing and member relations.
HOTEL RESTAURANT AND BEVERAGE MGR, STOUFFER WAIOHAI BEACH RESORT, HAWAII 1989-1991
Managed and coordinated daily restaurant operations for a 250 seat, full service restaurant and an additional restaurant in two adjacent hotels. Duties also included scheduling, forecasting, annual budgeting and promotions.
GENERAL MANAGER, CAPITAL CITY ENTERPRISES, BOISE, ID 1985-1989
Duties included overseeing and managing two restaurants, lounge, catering and meeting facilities.
EDUCATION, ASSOCIATIONS AND LEADERSHIP
• Idaho Travel Council 2006-2012, (Governor appointment two terms. Chairman 2010-2012)
• Capital City Development Corporation 2002-2012, (Mayoral appointment two terms. Chairman 2008-2012)
• Idaho Lodging and Restaurant Association 1993-present, (President 1998-1999 and 2005-2006)
• Humanitarian Bowl Council 2001-present, (Bowl Councilman)ff
• Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors)
• Treasure Valley Lodging Association (Board of Directors, Executive Committee)
• Downtown Boise Association (Board of Directors, Executive Committee, President 1998-1999)
• American Hotel and Motel Association (Board of Directors)
Leadership Boise Graduate 1994-1995
Attended Arizona State University and UNLV studying Business Administration and Hotel and Restaurant Management.
All hotel general management including food and beverage, catering and meeting facility operations; responsible financial and cost management; forecast and budget analysis; human resource management; employee development; leasing, landlord and tenant relations; marketing, promotion and entertainment; advanced maintenance and housekeeping knowledge; and organizational administration. Articulate, creative and innovative.
REFERENCES UPON REQUEST